Vic Briggs, has nominated moi for the Versatile Blogger Award. Seems in the recent embarrassment of riches I missed this nomination somehow.
Mea Culpa, Vic. I hope you will forgive me.
This is of course great! ”brilliant music is not the only delight awaiting you on this truly versatile blog.” A ringing endorsement! I happily accept, and modestly concur! ;)
Vic is a Writer Adrift who writes about subjects that most wouldn’t touch with a ten foot pole.
She’s also funny, seems to think I am funny somehow, and is the co-star of #VB009 and #Toastersodes webisodes.
I keep her quite busy as she tries to catch the #Krew! We are slippery rogues. Beware the ambling gents!
I have been discussing the rules of various Awards, and my own #Krewrules with Vic. And as discussed, I have consulted the rules Vic has provided. I see no mention in the rules that this is a “one-off” award.
It’s an odd thing to most people to find an insurance adjuster who surely must live with many, many rules on many levels. I interpret and enforce policy language, deal with regulations, and court decisions and case law as a matter of routine.
Yet my Dad taught me to be fair. And to look for coverage instead of a reason to deny. And I will happily good old boy the fuck out of a claim if I must to reach a reasonable and just decision in a claim or case. I call this the #Krew Kourt of Equity.
Those familiar with Common Law will recognize the term.
So, as I find no reason to not accept the award, and am grateful to Vic for thinking of me, putting up with me, and joking with me (She responded to the #VB009 joke, and ran with it in storyline. Outran me in fact. I’m kinda glad to put her in the .jpeg’s instead of the text based adventure we had going on. But if she starts up the tweets again I shall rise to the challenge of pumping out jokes and whatnot! En guard!
Anyway,to honor Vic, I will graciously accept the renomination, run victory laps about the place, and get on with the hard work of complying with the rules.
The Versatile Blogger Award rules:
- Display the Award on your Blog.
- Announce your win with a post and thank the Blogger who nominated you.
Here is the post. Thank you, Vic.
It is no accident that I think I have the greatest friends in #Socialmedia. I have largely found them by expressing myself, creatively I hope, and finding others who are skilled in their own crafts.
Yet, as @koustave surely knows, I take the “Social” part of “social media” seriously. And have blogged about it on more than one occasion.
Like when I pointed out that many of the self-proclaimed #socialmedia experts did not reply to little old me when I stopped in and said, “Hi.” Many did, though. They are still amongst my followers.
I separate wheat from chaff as it were. And am attracted to talented, creative, intelligent, and yes beautiful. But if you are merely beautiful, but not creative, intelligent etc. and are merely an empty head I will not be sticking around.
I find most people interesting, unless they violate my #krewrules however. They are sooo out of here. With extreme prejudice
None of my friends are empty heads. Least of all Vic.
And Stevie. Stevie is a beautiful Irishman who reminds my Mom of her Dad playing Tumbling Tumbleweeds in his band many years ago.
And when I followed him off @koustave’s list he had put me on he followed back. And I had maybe 30 followers then. A lot of people do not like small accounts to follow them, fearing spammers and what not. Then we joked a bit. And I listened to his music. And holy cow, what music.
I realize I’m only some insurance adjuster in Fresno, but I spent 6 years in school listening to Audra McDonald and others sing. Roosevelt School of Performing Arts Grad. 1987, Go RoughRiders!
It’s never been my dream to be a singer (can’t hold a note anyway), but I can certainly recognize talent when I see and hear it. One cannot be surrounded by such talent and learn to recognize who has it and who does not.
And I see it in my many friends.
I value all of your friendships, and look forward to speaking with you. As I have said, when growing up I did not consider “pen pals” as not friends because I only corresponded by letter.
So it is with my friends on #socialmedia.
So thank you Vic for showing up here on my blog, and asking for a Kavalkade of music for your blog post you were contemplating. I was happy to provide some music, and am happy to know you through the power of the internet.
I am afraid that the #Krew will remain elusive however. Wouldn’t do to have us locked up in the Tower of London would it? Perhaps a capture and a daring escape though!
- Present 15 deserving Bloggers with the Award.
Oy! 15 is a lot.
- Poof! That’s right. The traveling bus rider! Starring in #VB009 as Agent 6654, #Toastersodes DarKside as Poof Padawan, and to many to count actually.
- Cowboys & Crossbones. Hilarious tales of Teddy and his owner. Star of #Teddy4Pres, and #Toastersodes DarKside.
- Conrad and the boys of The Wine Wankers. Conrad stars in #Toastersodes Dark Side & the new #Wine #Wankers webisode. I have appropriated his real head, and not merely his gravatar!
- Ivon Prefontaine.
- Nerfgoogle. Ervin, I will have you know that you blogged about wanting awards. Now I expect you to follow the rules you scoundrel. Get to blogging.
- OwFotoGrafik. Whose actual art I adorn with my bad photoshop on my gravatar and header image.
- Rarasaur! #Rawr! #Krew
- Eva Acharya. Star of #Toastersodes DarkSide.
- Reconstructing Christina.
- through 15. is Vic! Just kidding… Back to the brig with me…
- Sahm! An outstanding author, poet and star of #Toastersodes.
- Titik! My 5th ever follower on the blog, a great photographer and blogger. Currently starring in #toastersodes DarKside.
*Link your nominees in the post and let them know of their nomination with a comment.
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
- I was born in Wenatchee, Washington.
- I saved my sister from drowning in Lake Millerton. Keeping her afloat til my dad swam out to save her. Boy Scout training don’t ya know.
- I swim like a fish.
- I am the former Porterville, CA Open Tennis City Champeen.
- For some reason racquet sports come quite naturally to me. Ping-pong, racquetball, tennis. I’m good with any paddle type implement.
- Played every sport offered in Fresno as a kid in organized leagues.
- Like Vic, I can indeed get crazy with my bad self.
- The Versatile Blogger Award (shardsofsilence.wordpress.com)
- Vic Briggs, Agent 009 of Her Majesties Majestical Service (Parody) (andykaufmanskavalkadekrew.wordpress.com)