As I listen to songs now and have been affected by the change in society during my lifetime I recognize that many songs are now characterized as Stalker songs.
By the way, I love these songs. They are great, and I know they aren’t written or intended to be Stalker songs. That’s how they can be interpreted today, against our societies backdrop. It’s sad.
But I absolutely know that stalkers exist. And I have no problem with Sexual Offender registries at all. Do the crime, do the perpetual time, and see you in hell. Society is what it is. I certainly wish stalkers did not exist though.
Without further adieu:
Blondie ~ One Way or Another
In the 70′s a hot blonde wanting to meet ya was a good thing. Now you wonder if she boils rabbits. Thanks Michael Douglas.;)
The Police ~ Every Breath You Take
A romantic song about a man who loves his lady. Romantic back then. Terrifying today.
Now then, this song is intended to be a tale of young and unrequited love. A crush on a teacher. Except the teacher gives in. So yeah, it kinda actually is paedo.
Can you believe that on City Data Forum I had a teacher tell me that young girls lean into him with their boobs? He felt some students were sexually aggressive. I had to tell him to back the fuck up. He is the adult in the scenario. He actually took it well, and acknowledged my point.
Oh by the way, if you google anything I write and see it’s been on City Data Forum first by Senno, that’s me. I give myself permission to republish my own writing on my blog. Some of the poems and Herb Caen stuff is on CIty Data Forum now.
Look, I’m an insurance adjuster and pretty much not surprised what weirdness and criminal acts people will get up to, but you are responsible for your own self. If an underage girl makes sexual advances, you better run away screaming. I will always blame you otherwise.
And no, the mitigating circumstances of your life do not render you immune from prosecution. It may in the extreme lessen your sentence, depending on how harsh your own upbringing was, but you are still guilty.
Don’t be a paedophile. Seems simple to me.
Anyway, I could have been more polite maybe, but I went the shock therapy route to make sure he got my message.
Animotion ~ Obsession
Then, a cool song about loving a person completely. Now, sooo stalker.
- Six Degrees of Sizzling Musical Bacon ~ Buffalo Springfield to Ice T (andykaufmanskavalkadekrew.wordpress.com)
- 6 Degrees of Musical Association ~ How do you like your Bacon? (andykaufmanskavalkadekrew.wordpress.com)
- Six Degrees of Sizzling Musical Bacon ~ Trivia Edition ~ Alice Cooper to Joan Jett (andykaufmanskavalkadekrew.wordpress.com)
- Six Degrees of Sizzling Musical Bacon ~ From The Ramones to INXS (Ronald Reagan Edition) (andykaufmanskavalkadekrew.wordpress.com)
- Six Degrees of Sizzling Musical Bacon ~ The Byrds to Poison (& Playing With) (andykaufmanskavalkadekrew.wordpress.com)
- Six Degrees of Sizzling Musical Bacon ~ The Dropkick Murphys to AC/DC (Bagpipes Around the World) (andykaufmanskavalkadekrew.wordpress.com)
- Evaluating City Data Forums Customer Service Within a Social Media Context ~ The KaDoh! Institute (andykaufmanskavalkadekrew.wordpress.com)
- City Data Forum and Equitable Moderatation. (andykaufmanskavalkadekrew.wordpress.com)
- Six Degrees of Sizzling Music ~ From REM to…. REM?!? (andykaufmanskavalkadekrew.wordpress.com)